- He will Himself be our guardian.
- Not only will He charge His angels to keep us, but He Himself will preserve our goings.
- He will keep our feet from falling so that we do not defile our garments, wound our souls, and cause the enemy to blaspheme.
- He will keep our feet from wandering so that we do not go into paths of error, or ways of folly, or courses of the world's custom.
- He will keep our feet from swelling through weariness, or blistering because of the roughness and length of the way.
- He will keep our feet from wounding: our shoes shall be iron and brass so that even though we tread on the edge of the sword, or on deadly serpents, we shall not bleed or be poisoned.
- He will also pluck our feet out of the net. We shall not be entangled by the deceit of our malicious and crafty foes.
With such a promise as this, let us run without weariness and walk without fear. He who keeps our feet will do it effectually.
1 Samuel 2:9
He will keep the feet of his saints.
- Writing of Charles Spurgeon