Before this year ends, I encourage you to write a list of 5 – 10 things you are grateful or thankful for. The list will encourage you to spend your next few minutes in gratitude instead of allowing the enemy to plant a seed of despair that you have not made a full use of all the opportunities presented to you this year.
Once you write this list, let’s give God thanks and bless His name for all of your blessings come from HIM.
Here is my list:
- My Father in Heaven: I serve a God who always forgives me and loves me the way I’m. HE is my best friend, my Father and the lover of my soul. Without the sacrifices HE made on the cross for me, I would not be able to enjoy a life filled with HIS peace and joy that surpasses all understanding.
- My family: I’m thankful for the family that God has blessed me with. I’m thankful for a praying mother. I’ve learned so much spiritually through her and without her prayers, I would not be where I’m now. I’m thankful for my supportive and wise father, I have learned much about commitment and sacrifices from him. Last but not least, my brother who is always there for me.
- My health: It’s so easy to take them for granted but what would you be if you don’t have your health? A wise acquaintance ever said - “What is the use of having money if you ended up using them to earn back the health you lost in search for success?” Health is one of the best gifts we need to cherish.
- My friends: Being far away from my families, my friends are my lifelines; their friendship and constant support are essential in my daily life, I’m thankful for their presence in my life.
- Waking up every morning: Each day I’m given the blessing to wake in good health and on a warm bed when statistic shows that about a quarter million of people don’t get to wake up to see another day. I could have been a part of that statistic but my God keeps me thus I’m thankful for HIS protection.
- Always having more than enough: I have a good reliable car, a safe dwelling I call home and God always equips me with more than enough to pay for bills and the expenses of daily life regardless I’m with a job or without. For that I’m thankful.
What are you thankful for? Why don’t you start your own list now and praise God for all HE has done in your life.