· It is a game of strategy
· It involves pawns, knights, rooks, bishops, kings and queens
· There are two teams
· It is played on a black and white checkers board
· Certain pieces are allowed to move in certain directions and move a certain number of squares
· You need to use your pieces to attack your opponent
· You need to protect you king
· I am hopeless at playing chess!
Although my knowledge of Chess is very, very limited I’ve had this though circling my head all week: Life is like a game of Chess.
To someone (ie. me) looking at a game of chess that has no idea of how it works would be dumbfounded as to why the knight was moved to that square and why the rook was moved to the other. You don’t know what is going on and start to doubt your chances of winning.
Or for those who have it sorted...
You go day in day out trying our best to get ahead, taking out our opponent, being strategic in what we say and do to get ahead. You can get so caught up in the game that we lose sight of what is important and what it is that actually matter.
God has the ultimate strategy in mind to make you win at life! You may not understand why there has been times your opponent the enemy has gotten you in a tight spot, but know what God knows what is going on, he is with you and will guide you and lead you and help you make the right moves.
Trust that he is the Chess Master!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.