A lifeaholic embraces the flows of life; its beauty, its sorrow, its peace, its joy, treasures his surroundings and its simplicity. They are grateful for everything this life gives and throws at them.
These are the common traits that differentiate workaholic and lifeholic:
- A workaholic works long hours but a lifeaholic works regular hours.
- A workaholic has very superficial friendships, in and out of work but a lifeaholic treasures their friendships as their greatest wealth and they make time for it.
- A workaholic has no interests outside of work but a lifeaholic on the other hand has pleasurable interests/ hobbies outside his work.
- A workaholic doesn’t take vacations but a lifeaholic on the other hand takes time for themselves and others. They allow themselves to take afternoon naps, holidays, second honeymoons, regular family picnics, and weekly day-offs with delight.
- A workaholic sees life as a race and not a journey but a lifeaholic looks forward to the mystery and gift of what every new day may bring; they are realistic with their planning yet flexible to embrace any changes.
Now the choice is completely yours, which life would you choose?
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
- John W.